Monday, November 9, 2009

Weekend Recap

This weekend was pretty uneventful, which was just what the doctor ordered. I had a really bad day Friday, so Zac treated me to dinner at the new restaurant in town, The Landing. Since I had to weigh-in Saturday morning, I resisted the temptation of trying the cheeseburger and stuck with grilled chicken, but the food, atmosphere, and conversation was a nice end to a crappy day. Zac may not always be the best boyfriend, but he is good helping me through rough times.



Saturday started out pretty great with my weight loss that I spoke about in my last post. Well to celebrate, I not only treated myself to a mani and pedi, but I bought a couple new pairs of shoes. Hey, could you resist Kenneth Cole and Vans for 19.99? I think not! Saturday consisted mostly of spending as much time as possible with Izie. I brought her home from being spayed Saturday morning still in a lot of pain and super groggy. I thought she hated me because it took her forever to come to me, but she is back to herself and the love is still there. I actually enjoyed spending the evening chilling with my dogs and Zac. Plus, it was cheaper since I had already spent so much money on my celebration.


Sunday consisted of worship at The Edge and laundry. What an uplifting day right? Oh wait, I made these awesome grilled chicken and black bean nachos. They were amazing and low fat! I also had a great conversation with my friend Christina Joyce-Wilson. She provided me some great food-for-thought. She’s great at that! She’s the friend you call when you need guidance because she is going to tell you what you NEED to hear not just what you want to hear. I aim to be more like her!


This weekend was really low key and just what I needed to do some soul searching that was overdue. This morning I woke with some clarity and reassurance that it’s all going to be ok. The power of a great support system and prayer really do a body good.

No comments:

Post a Comment