Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 1 of the gratitiude challenge

Ok, it's day 1 of the challenge and today the calendar says...
"Today you start The Gratitude Challenge. Sign the contract and make a commitment to take note and give thanks for the next 21 days. Express why you accepted this challenge and what you hope to achieve from it. "

So, consider the contract signed and let the challenge commence! I accepted this challenge because I think a lot of times I am too selfish. Yes, I typed that and I admitted it. I am facing this challenge face on to put my selfishness to the side and work on saying thanks for all those things in my life that I may not express enough gratitude for. By doing this challenge in conjunction with my blog, I am openly commiting to this and have all of you to hold me accountable. So, thank you readers for that and thank you in advance for this 21 day journey i am about to embark upon.

I started today by visiting a church. It was ok, but no Water's Edge. I will continue my quest next weekend. I only have four more days with my nephew here and it's so bittersweet. We are going to visit my sister next weekend to take Jacob home AND meed baby Franklin Riley. I am so excited. I am also hopeful that this week will bring something good in the way of employment. I do have an interview tomorrow. It's a start.

Oh and I just wanted to say a couple things based on comments from my last post.
Christina-miss you and love you too!
Greta- Amen to the Teen Mom thing. It has gotten out of hand and I don't know if MTV is being helpful or harmful on the situation. Should we make these girls "celebrities"? Is it doing any good?
Tara- You are sooooo lucky! You should have been like, "my friend dianne is a huge fan. you know her she's one of you million followers on twitter." JK

1 comment:

  1. What church did you try out? Kudos to you for accepting the challenge! We NEED to get together soon, seeing your pretty face would be a nice ending to a very, very crappy month! :)

    ReplyDelete