Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Past Two Weeks...

Some would think that since I have been unemployed the past two weeks that I would have relaxed a little and caught up on some R&R. Well, this past two weeks have been nothing of the sort! I have been babysitting my nephew who is coming into the terrible two's a few months too soon. WOW, kids are a lot of work! Don't get me wrong I love, love, LOVE my nephew and LOVE getting to spend this time with him, but WOW he's a lot of work! The weather here in Lubbock has been cold and snowy which has left us confined indoors which means a lot of Barney and Hip Hop Harry to help pass the time. We tried coloring and well, a pair of pants now have some goregous stripes thanks to Jacob. I knew they needed that little something extra. At times this babysitting venture has made me re-think the possibility of ever having children but when Jacob smiles and does his little booty poppin to Hip Hip Harry, it makes me think I can do this.
The job search is coming along. I've tried to apply to atleast one job a day and next week when I will not be babysitting as much, I will focus on it more. I want a job that's fun, rewarding and somewhere I can put my outgoing personality to use. I know God has a plan so I will just remain to be patient. I am excited that I am officially a Texan again! Cheaper car insurance is one of the great perks!
Hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day! I will be waking up to begin visiting churches in the area to find a new church home. I miss Water's Edge. It was one of my favorite things about Lake Charles. Hopefully I will find something equally as great here in the L-B-K!

No comments:

Post a Comment