Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dear LSU Fans....


Dear LSU Fans,

Although I am touched by your undying support for your team and respect your wishes to support the one school in your state with a decent athletic program, I would appreciate a little more respect. Even though vehicles hand-painted purple and gold while covered in LSU stickers with the word “go” spelt g-e-a-u-x, are mighty attractive, don’t question my love for football or Louisiana. Just because I do not have an inventory of purple and gold body paint, does not make me any less of a fan. My loyalty lays somewhere else; somewhere where the prairie dogs roam rather than the local appetizers: alligators.


Let me explain myself….


I also have undying support for a team of my own. A little team called THE Texas Tech Red Raiders. Even if they haven’t won national championships, or earned the fame of the LSU Tigers, they will always have my support no matter their record. The Red Raiders and I have a special bond. I spent countless hours on the campus of Texas Tech University studying to earn my degree and living the amazing life of a Red Raider. Where your blood runs purple and gold, mine runs black and red and I owe the Red Raiders my spirit for turning me on to the wonderful sport known as college football. A first experience at Jones Stadium leaves you hooked, just as adequate as a first experience at “Death Valley.” Sounds like the Saddle Tramp bells, the Goin’ Band from Raiderland, Air Raid, or Sig Eps jingling their keys at losing opponents, and visions of the Double T, hands in the Guns Up position and Raider Red doing a victory dance, are just some of the things that only a Red Raider can truly appreciate.


So, what if Mike Leach likes pirates and Lubbock is in the middle of nowhere; Texas Tech deserves respect of their own. Now that I have explained myself, please back off and just let me wear my Tech t-shirts and watch my football games without any lip from you. Thank you for your cooperation with this urgent matter and WRECK EM’TECH!

Thanks a bunch,
Dianne


No comments:

Post a Comment