Thursday, October 8, 2009

What I LOVE in Life (part 1)

For those of you who don’t know, there is one role in my life that I absolutely love more than others. That is the role of being an aunt! As cheesy as it sounds, the first time I held Jacob Thomas (a.k.a JT, Booger, Bubble Bear or Bubbles) I was so overwhelmed by immediate love and joy for this precious baby that I even cried a little. Every time I see my nephew or hear his voice in the background when I am on the phone with my sister Tamara, I get so excited! I absolutely love him to death! I also love what being a mother has done for sister. Tamara transformed into this amazing mother and I am so proud of her!


I am even more excited because I am going to be an aunt not one more time but TWO more times! Jaclyn (my other sister on my mom’s side) and Tamara are both expecting. Better yet, so far we know that Jaclyn is expecting a girl so I will now have a niece! We are still waiting to see what Tamara is expecting, but I have this feeling it’s another boy (I may be wrong, it’s just a feeling, but either way I will be happy). Needless to say, I am counting down! Jaclyn is due around New Years and Tamara around Valentines. I guess I should start seriously coming up with a cute name they can call me...I tried Princess Di, but my mom doesn't like it.


I would like to now introduce you to my beautiful niece Adrianne Paige. Already a diva, she insists she is only photographed on her terms as you can tell from the photo and loves to move all the time! I’m not quite sure how Jaclyn’s tiny frame is holding up, but personally I feel it’s not fair she’s prego and still only like 100 lbs. , anyways I can't wait until I meet Adrianne!!!!





I wish I was closer to Jaclyn to help her through this time (she is in the Air Force and stationed in North Carolina). I’m a little closer to Tamara but I still don’t get to see her as much as I would like. Although, Jaclyn and Tamara may have conceived my niece and nephew in a way not in line with society’s standard of “right,” I am a strong believer in things happened for a reason and God has a plan (Psalm 139: 13-16). If Jaclyn had not gotten pregnant, she would be preparing for deployment. Tamara, I don’t know where she would be, I just know the person she is now is directly related to my nephew. Personally, the pregnancies have helped me become closer to them and I am so thankful to the Lord for that! We now have a relationship like sisters, instead of strangers who only speak a few times a year. So, I would like to say “thank you” to Tamara and Jaclyn for giving me the honor of being an aunt! I love you both!

1 comment: