Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Should I dare admit to this?

I’ll be the first to admit, I am some what “addicted” to Celebrity News. Why, I haven’t a clue. Something about how celebrities moments of unraveling dispair displayed in the public eye not only amuses me, but brings me laughter and makes me feel my life may not be that screwed up in comparison. My day is not complete without an update of what’s going on in the lives of The Kardashians, Gosslins or Nicole Richie and Joel Madden (just to name a few). I know this behavior may cause some to question my judgement, or even my intelligence, but at least this “addiction” does not affect my health or well being so, get over it (just kidding)! The day my harmless fun turns into obsession like, cutting my hair to mimic Kate Gosselin or not going to work because I am so devastated Jennifer Aniston and John Mayer broke-up yet again, then you have permission to talk to me about a 12 step program.

However, there are some things that annoy me about entertainment news…
First of all, if you feel the need to explain who the person is before the “announcement” then it probably isn’t truly worthy celebrity news. For example, this week I saw where Meryl Streep’s daughter got engaged. Good for her! But when the announcement headlines state “Mamie Gummer, Meryl Streep’s Daughter, Gets Engaged” its really not classifed as "true" celebrity news in my book. Why? Because you have to explain who she even is and why I should care. By the way, why should I care? Anyways, I think the story was really to focus more on the fact that A) Meryl Streep chose a really strange name for her daughter and B) we can be expecting a sequel with the headline of “Meryl Streep to be a Grandmother” to follow.
Another thing that annoys me is when they become obsessed over the stupid things and report them everyday! For example, I have been was a Jon and Kate Plus Eight fan pre-scandal for many years. Although I used to be Team Jon (if you watched old episodes you would know why), and it has now been proven he is a few crayons short, why do we need to know about this man’s every move? Seriously, so what if now he thinks he’s Jewish, or if he leased a Mercedes for his 22 year old girlfriend instead of investing that money into his EIGHT children, you (celebrity news reporters) have made a valid stand against Jon Gosselin and all the crap is he doing on a day-to-day basis. I have three words: Quarter Life Crisis. Let him be and tell me more about the news worthy things I want to hear about like Reece Witherspoon’s admittance to having a bit of self doubt just like the rest of us.
There is more, but I will shorten my randomness today. I hope you are all able to see the bit of scarcastic undertone included. If anything, celebrity news gives me a little insight to a life unknown to me. And of course, a couple more names to add to my prayer list at night.
It’s Wednesday, and you know what that means-DANCE CLASS!

No comments:

Post a Comment