Friday, October 9, 2009

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

If you read my previous blog (or scrolling down to read it now) you will know I was on a mission to find the home of a Beagle I picked up, out of traffic on a busy highway, on my lunch break. After knocking on some doors, in the rain, I FOUND HER HOME! The neighbor helped identify her and pointed me in the direction of her home sweet home.

I marched up and knocked on the door of this stranger's house so excited because I was about to return their precious dog back to them. Needless to say, I did not recieve the excitment I hoped for. In fact, the neighbor was more excited and acted more grateful. Her owner did say, "thank you" and said he had been searching for her. It was good to know at least they were concerned she was missing.

At least now I can sleep better knowing I did my part to reunite a family! I said as long as I had hope it would happen and it did! MISSION IMPOSSIBLE ACCOMPLISHED!

It's kind of nice to be a tad bit of a hero at times...or to at least feel like you're one.

1 comment:

  1. That's wonderful, even if the people weren't excited. I had the same experience with a cat a couple of months ago. Only in my case, the girl was so happy she cried. It was such a great feeling, I was on a high for about two weeks! You are a hero, because not many people would take the time to do what you did!

    ReplyDelete