Thursday, October 29, 2009

A few of my favorite things...

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I have made some big life changes recently. I have started eating better(Weight Watchers), working out, attending church services regularly, attending not one but two bible studies, joined a Pkeno circle and started my dance class. Just to name a few....

-One of my favorite things right now is this book. It’s called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. It is opening up my eyes to so much and makes me really want to be a better person. Even though I grew up going to church and God has always been an important factor in my life, I don’t feel I truly understood why that is important. This book has made me see things I need to improve on as well as, how to make the things I already do better. I even downloaded the audio book for my road trip.

-Thanks to Weight Watchers, I have started to try things I thought I disliked. For example, diet sodas. Well to my surprise, I love Diet Dr. Pepper with Cherry(it is suprisingly smooth) and Diet Mt. Dew (taste better than the original!). To me they are a treat to go with my meals. This website helps out as well!
-Dance class at Katy Kress Dance Revolution, of course, is still a favorite. I am excited because I am starting to feel a little less awkward and it’s starting to make a little more sense. Don’t get me wrong I still have a long, long, long way to go, but I am so enjoying the journey. There is also the possibility, if we can get enough participation from our group, we will be competing in a dance competition in February. I am excited! Last night we learned a Bollywood dance, and it has been my favorite so far! I was shaking it like Shakira! (Ok maybe not that good, but close)
-Finally, my favorite, favorite new thing is my new church family! Check out Water’s Edge website. You can also listen to podcasts of previous lessons if you’re interested. Every Sunday when I leave, I feel loved, uplifted, positive and excited about my life. I have had many “break-throughs” from words that Pastor Tony has delivered. He is awesome at his job, and even has great taste in clothes, which he gives credit to his wife, Rachel for. I love singing some great songs, and listening to an empowering message from a pastor wearing converse while surrounded by people who don’t care what you’re wearing, instead, they are just happy that you came! How people worship is personal preference I know, but for me Water’s Edge is what I had been looking for.
-Speaking of Tony and Rachel, she gave birth to their first child yesterday. It was a little boy named Jagger and he’s adorable. After years of being unsuccessfully naturally, they were selected as recipients of the “Gift of Hope.” The program granted them the opportunity to conceive with a free IVF cycle (Read more here). It worked and they were given the answer to a long unanswered prayer! I doubt if they will ever read this, but I just want to tell them congratulations, and God just needed a little extra time to prepare the “perfect” baby for you to parent on earth.
Now, road trip time, Lubbock or bust!

No comments:

Post a Comment